The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has launched `Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping (ASEEM)’ portal. What is ASEEM portal
Why ? – To help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities for Migrants.
Industrial training, apprenticeship and other skill development responsibilities were transferred from the Ministry of Labour and Employment (Santosh Gangwar) to this newly-made Ministry on 16 April 2015
What is ASEEM portal?
The portal is developed and managed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with Bengaluru-based company `Betterplace’.
• App + website • Artificial Intelligence-based platform.
Feature in App & website
1. Employer Portal: Employer on-boarding, demand aggregation, candidate selection.
2. Dashboard: Reports, trends, analytics, and highlight gaps.
3. Candidate Application forum: Create & track candidate profile, share job suggestions.
• Migrant labour has been severely impacted by the socio-economic fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic.
• National Skill Development Corporation has taken up the responsibility of mapping the dispersed migrant population around the nation and providing them the means to re-build their livelihood by matching their skill-sets to available employment opportunities.
• The ASEEM Portal is expected to improve the information flow and bridge the demand-supply gap in the skilled workforce market.
• ASEEM Portal will provide real-time data analytics about the demand and supply patterns including – industry requirements, skill gap analysis, demand per district/ state/cluster, key workforce suppliers, key consumers, migration patterns and multiple potential career prospects for candidates.
• ASEEM Portal (App & Website) will provide employers a platform to assess the availability of skilled workforce and formulate their hiring plans.
• The ASEEM initiative aims to accelerate India’s journey towards recovery by mapping skilled workforce and connecting them with relevant livelihood opportunities in their local communities
• To strengthen the career pathways of workers by handholding them through their journeys to attain industry-relevant skills and explore emerging job opportunities especially in the post COVID era.
• ASEEM will have integrated data from Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY), Fee-based Programs, National Urban Livelihoods Mission, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana, etc.
• Database of labour migrants in Indian states and overseas citizens, who returned to India under the Vande Bharat Mission and filled JWADES Skill Card, has been integrated too with the ASEEM portal.
MSDE-IBM Partnership Unveils Free Digital Learning Platform “SkillsBuild Reignite” to Reach More Job Seekers & Provide New Resources to Business Owners in India.
What is ASEEM portal