Recently Government of West Bengal has expanded the state-run health scheme called ‘Swasthya Sathi’
Points To Note
- Swasthya Sathi Health scheme will now cover the entire population of West Bengal.
- The extension of the scheme would now be applicable from 1 December 2020.
- Swasthya Sathi runs parallel to the GoI ‘Ayushman Bharat’ scheme. The funds are shared in the ratio of 60:40 between centre and state governments.
- The scheme is totally funded by state government.
- Earlier, Swasthya Sathi Health scheme was to cover 75 million (7.5 crore) people but now, it will cover every person including child, old man and woman. Swasthya Sathi would cover the persons irrespective of religious affinity.
Swasthya Sathi Health Scheme
- Swasthya Sathi Health Scheme was officially launched in December 2016 by state government.
- Through this scheme, all the state-run hospitals and private hospitals in the state have been included.
- The scheme provide a one smart card to every family. The smart card would help the person to avail the benefits of ‘Swasthya Sathi Health Scheme’.
- The smart health card will be issued in the name of the family, usually a woman.
- Swasthya Sathi Scheme is a basic health cover scheme that provides secondary and tertiary care up to Rupees 5 lakh per year per family.
- West Bengal will bear an expense of Rupees 2,000 crore for the health scheme.
- Families will be enrolled in the scheme after the government representatives will start visiting every household in the state under the ‘Duare Duare Poschimbongo Sarkar’ scheme.
What is Duare Duare Poschimbongo Sarkar scheme?
This is the ‘West Bengal government at your doorstep’ scheme. Duare Duare Poschimbongo Sarkar scheme was launched on 23 Nov 2020. This scheme was launched with an aim to address the grievances of the people from the block level. West Bengal expanded Swasthya Sathi Health Scheme West Bengal expanded Swasthya Sathi Health Scheme