Joe Biden current President of the United States of America is all set to make the first big appearance on a global stage as president on 19th February 2021.
Points To Note
- President Biden has also offered G7 allies and other foreign leaders a part into his plans of dramatically reshaping the USA foreign policy.
- Biden’s move will be taken by him even as he is dealing with a number of international crises.
- President will be giving virtual appearances at a G7 meeting and Munich Security Conference.
- The New administration has announced major reversals of Trump administration policies.
The Major Announcements and policy reversal
- The White House has sought that the new administration will quickly be moving to reorient USA away from Donald Trump’s “America First” mantra.
- US State Department also announced that the USA stands ready to re-join talks regarding re-entering into the 2015 multilateral Iran nuclear deal. This deal was earlier abandoned by Trump administration.
- At the G7, the USA government will also announce to that the USA will soon start releasing $4 billion towards an international effort to arrange the purchase and distribution of COVID-19 vaccine for the poor countries. This programme was also rejected by former President Donald Trump.
- The USA also officially re-joined the 2015 Paris climate agreement which is the largest international effort for curbing the global warming. Earlier, Donald Trump by 2017, had announced the withdrawal from the deal.
- President Biden will also encourage the G7 partners in order to make good on their pledges for the COVAX initiative by World Health Organization which Donald Trump had withdrawn and refused to join the 190 countries in the COVAX program.
Group of Seven is an intergovernmental organization comprising of USA, UK, France, Canada, Italy, Germany, Japan. At the annual G7 meeting, the heads of government from the member countries and the representatives of the European Union (EU) meet and discuss several issues.
About Munich Security Conference
The Munich Security Conference is an annual conference on international security policy. It is organised in Munich, Bavaria since 1963. It is world’s largest gathering.
US to lay out its New Foreign Policy at G-7 & Munich summit US to lay out its New Foreign Policy at G-7 & Munich summit