The Government of Uttar Pradesh has introduced a system of issuing a unique 16-digit Unicode on 7th February 2020. This Unicode will be used to mark all kinds of landholdings inter-state.
About Unicode numbers
The Unicode numbers for the land would comprise of the 16 digits.
- The first 6 digits is based on the population of the land.
- Next 4 digits in the line would determine the unique identity of the land.
- Digits from 11 to 14 would be the number of divisions of the land.
- Lastly, 2 digits would contain the details regarding the category.
- With the help of the last 2 digits, the category of the land viz. residential, agricultural and commercial land can be identified.
- With the introduction of the new Unicode, every piece of land in the state will now have its own unique identity.
- It would help in checking the cases of land disputes.
- The Unicode would also people from falling into the trap of fraudsters.
- The Unicode will be issued by the revenue department of state government.
- The Unicode would be issued for all kinds of agricultural, residential and commercial land.
- With the help of the Unicode, a citizens will be able to know the details regarding the land with a single click.
Thus, the Unicode will end the fake registries of disputed land. For this, the scheme is being implemented in entire Uttar Pradesh. The Unicode assessment for plots has started in all revenue villages. But, the work of marking the disputed plots in the computerised management system is still under process with the revenue courts.
16 Digit Unicode To Identify Landholdings 16 Digit Unicode To Identify Landholdings