After Union Budget 2021-22, Now Uttar Pradesh Government become the first State that has tabled the paperless budget. The State finance minister, Suresh Khanna presented the Budget for FY 2021-2021 on 22nd February 2021 in the paperless mode.
- State Legislature members were provided with the iPads so as to keep a tab on the paperless budget highlights.
- The Paperless Budget highlights were also displayed on two big screens in the house.
- The Budget document was also made available on the budget App of the Uttar Pradesh named as “Uttar Pradesh Sarkar Ka Budget”. This app can be available from the Google Play Store for android users.
- The state government has presented the state budget of worth Rupees 5,50270.78 crore for FY 2021-22.
- The budget outlay has been increased this year by Rupees 34,410 crores as compared to the last years budget.
- The Paperless budget was presented with the aim of making Uttar Pradesh Atmanirbhar.
- Paperless budget also seeks to ensure all round development in the state.
- Paperless budget is inclusive of new schemes of total outlay Rupees 27,598.40 crore.
- In the budget, Rupees 101 crores has been allocated for the airport in Ayodhya District named as “Maryada Purushottam Shri Ram Airport” which is under construction.
- Rupees 200 crores budget was allocated for the ‘Mahila Samarthya Yojana’ to boost the women empowerment in UP.
The state budget was presented with the motive of ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vishwas’. It seeks to bring, taps, water, electricity and roads in every household. It also aims to make every village digital. While highlighting the budget, the CM also stated that, ‘Abhyuday Yojana’ was launched for competitive exams. Under this, eligible students for the competitive exams like UPSC, banking, Railway, NEET and IIT-JEE will be given tablets.
UP becomes first state to table paperless budget UP becomes first state to table paperless budget