The Russia Federation is building its 1st naval ship which will be fully equipped with stealth technology. Stealth technology will to make it hard to detect.
- The Hull of the Mercury naval corvette dubbed project 20386 is ready and vessel is expected to be delivered to navy in the year 2022.
- The warship will be armed with cruise missiles, artillery gun and anti-aircraft missiles. It will also be capable of searching for and destroying submarines.
- The Russia has already incorporated stealth technology including a radar-absorbing coating into some navy vessels. However, those ships did not have full stealth technology.
- The vessel will comprise of a radar-absorbing coating and a special shape. This will minimise protrusions and crevices on its surface.
- Mercury Vessel will use composite materials and special paint.
In the past years, Russia has invested heavily in its navy. The warship is also a part of push by President Putin to revamp military which is already complicated due Western sanctions. Russia’s political ties with West are at worst since 1991 after breakup of USSR.
The sub-discipline of military tactics is also called as low observable technology (LOT). It covers a range of methods used to make personnel, ships, aircraft, missiles, submarines, satellites, ground vehicles, infrared, sonar etc. Modern stealth technologies were started being developed in the year 1958 in USA.
Russia building 1st full Stealth Naval Ship Russia building 1st full Stealth Naval Ship