Recently, Government of India announced that a R. S. Sharma has been appointed as the new Chief Executive Officer of the Ayushman Bharat scheme or the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) which is an insurance scheme by the National Health Authority’s.
- RS Sharma will replace Indu Bhushan.
- RS Sharma was appointed after Indu Bhushan has completed the 3-year tenure as the CEO of Ayushman Bharat.
- He has worked as the Chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India.
- RS Sharma is also the head of the Empowered Group on Technology and Data Management to combat the Covid-19 and Covid-19 vaccine delivery technology platform—Co-WIN.
- RS Sharma also works as a member of the National Expert Group on Covid-19 Vaccine Administration.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- The PMJAY is a component under the Government of India’s Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- This scheme offers free healthcare services to 40 per cent of people of the country.
- The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana scheme is in mission mode as a second component of Ayushman Bharat.
- The first component of the scheme is the Health and Wellness Centres which provide the primary health care to the people close to their homes.
- The scheme was launched on 23rd September 2018, in Ranchi, Jharkhand by PM Modi.
- It provides a cover of Rupees 5 lakh per family annually.
- The scheme covers the secondary and tertiary hospitalization in all the private and public hospitals in the country.
- It was launched with the aim of achieving the Universal Health Coverage.
RS Sharma New Chief Executive of Ayushman Bharat RS Sharma New Chief Executive of Ayushman Bharat