Every year Right Livelihood Award Foundation has announced the 4 winners of the Right Livelihood Award 2020 which is also known as the alternative Nobel Prize in Sweden’s Stockholm.
The 4 activists are
- Ales Bialiatski (Human rights activist) of Belarus,
- Nasrin Sotoudeh (Human rights lawyer) of Iran,
- Bryan Stevenson (American lawyer) of the United States of America and
- Lottie Cunningham Wren of Nicaragua
All of them shared the Right Livelihood Award 2020 award for their contribution towards equality, democracy, justice and freedom.
Points To Note
- Ales Bialiatski and Nasrin Sotoudeh received the award for their contribution to the realisation of democracy in Belarus and human rights in Iran respectively.
- Bryan Stevenson, a United States civil rights lawyer, received the award for his efforts to reform the criminal justice system and the advance racial reconciliation in the United States.
- Lottie Cunningham Wren received the award for her contribution in protecting indigenous lands and communities from exploitation.