The Sports Ministry has restored the recognition of Gymnastics Federation of India as the National Sports Federation with immediate effect till 31st December 2021.
- Union Ministry further stated that, elections of two office bearers namely Sudhir Mittal on the post of President and Kaushik Bidiwala on the post of Treasurer for the term of 2019- 2023 have been recorded.
- Further, decision to accept election of Shanti Kumar Singh for the post of general secretary will be taken after Manipur High Court’s judgment regarding the writ petition filed by Shanti Kumar Singh.
- While the election of Parmeshwar Prajapat for the post of executive Member will be accepted after verifying the NOC and other facts.
- Further, the constitution of Gymnastics Federation of India needs will be aligned with provisions of the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011 (Sports Code).
- Gymnastics Federation of India will also be required to make a categorical affirmation regarding the provisions of Sports Code in its constitution within six months in order to bring it in line with the Sports Code.
- It is also required to provide at least 2 months’ advance notice to the Central Government in its constitution. It also required to submit a copy of proposed changes along with the notice.
- However, the Ministry warned that this recognition is subject to withdrawal in case any of the terms and conditions regarding the recognitions are violated.
Appointment to the NSF
The appointment of the office-bearers for the federation will be done through an election in accordance with the Model Election Guidelines which will be issued by the Sports Ministry.
Recognition of Gymnastics Federation of India restored