Rajasthan CM, Ashok Gehlot, have announced a Universal Health Coverage for the state while presenting the state budget of state for 2021-22 on 24th February 2021.
- The state government has allocated Rupees 3,500 crore for the financial year 2021-2022.
- This was announced under the measures to reinforce the health infrastructure in the state.
- After COVID-19 Pandemic first budget will also ensure that healthcare gets more accessible to its citizens.
- Rajasthan government also announced to set up nursing colleges at 25 district headquarters. Other 8 districts are already having one nursing college.
- The Public Health Colleges will also be established in all 7 divisional headquarters.
About Rajasthan Model of Public Health
- State government of Rajasthan announced the “Rajasthan Model of Public Health” under which the govt will also bought “Right to Health Bill” which gives emphasis on the rights of patients.
- Under this model, state will take Preventive Care measures, Primary Care measures and Curative Care measures in accordance with the recommendations of the WHO.
- Under this Universal Health Coverage Plan, every family will get a Rupees 5 lakh health cover.
- This will also cover those who are beneficiary of the Ayushman Bharat – Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana. They can avail the benefits for free.
- The health coverage plan will also cover the contract workers, and small and marginal farmers. They will be eligible for free.
- While, the remaining people can avail the benefits under scheme by paying 50% cost of insurance premium at government and private hospitals. The treatment will be cashless up to Rupees 5 lakh per year.
The Primary Healthcare Service
The Universal Health care model will also ensure that primary healthcare services is provided to each citizen within 3 km or 30 minutes walking distance.
Rajasthan govt has also planned to launch mechanism for grievance redressal within the healthcare services. It will be launched at every block and district level.
Rajasthan 2021 Budget Universal Healthcare Scheme Rajasthan 2021 Budget Universal Healthcare Scheme