Madhya Pradesh government has launched a Police Museum at the police headquarters in Bhind. It is a unique museum themed on the dacoits to showcase their stories.
Points To Note
- Police museum contains several unique items that were used by dacoits namely Phoolan Devi and Nirbhay Gujjar.
- Museum also showcases the stills from the making of Bollywood movie ‘Chambal ke Daaku’.
- Several other items related to the Chambal dacoits will come up at the police museum.
- It has not been built to praise and pay respect to the dacoits. But the museum will display their crimes.
- It will also highlight the sacrifices made by police to prevent any crime of Chambal Dacoits.
- Museum will showcase around 2000 digitised police records and material that have been compiled in past 50 years recording the crimes of murder, loot and kidnapping by these bandits.
- It will be set up in four rooms at the Bhind Police headquarters.
- The Museum will have images of 28 policemen who were martyred while fighting with the dacoits along with the image of 30 policeman who won the gallantry awards.
Chambal is a geographical and cultural region located in the north-central India. The region is situated along the Chambal and Yamuna river valleys. It covers the areas of the south-eastern Rajasthan, south-western UP and northern MP. The region is well known for its Badlands and ravine systems. This region has hosted a huge number of dacoits. It is a part of greater Vindhyan Basin. It is covered by 500,000 hectares of Badlands. The region drains the northwest of Central Vindhya Plateau and the south-eastern part of Aravalli Range.
Police Museum to be set up in Madhya Pradesh Police Museum to be set up in Madhya Pradesh