Today PM Modi virtually launch ‘Mahabahu-Brahmaputra’ initiative in Assam on 18th February 2021.
Points To Note
- PM Modi will lay the foundation stone for the Dhubri Phulbari bridge.
- He will also perform the bhumi pujan for the construction of Majuli Bridge in Assam.
- PM Modi while announcing the details stated that, it will be a landmark day in the development journey for Assam as Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative is going to be launched.
The Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative
- The Launch of Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative is going to be marked with the inauguration of the Ro-Pax vessel operations.
- The Ro-Pax vessel operations will be launched in between the Neamatighat & Majuli, Dhubri-Hatsingimari and North-South Guwahati.
- It also includes the inauguration of the Inland Water Transport Terminal at Jogighopa.
- It will also be marked with the inauguration of various tourist jetties at four locations in order to promote the river tourism and employment across the state.
- This is being started with the aim to provide a seamless connectivity to Eastern Parts of India.
- This initiative also comprises of various development activities for people living across the Barak and Brahmaputra rivers.
About Ro-Pax Service
PM Modi also launched the Ro-Pax services in the state under the Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative. The Vessel operations will help in reducing the travel time. It will also facilitate the connectivity between banks. The Ro-Pax services will also reduce the distance travelled by road.
The Dhubri Phulbari Bridge
Pime Minister Modi will also lay the foundation stone for a 4 lane Dhubari Phulbari bridge. This bridge will be constructed on NH-127B. The Dhubari Phulbari bridge will start from Srirampur on NH-27 (National Highway 27) which is the East-West Corridor. The bridge will terminate at Nongstoin on NH-106 in Meghalaya. This will be constructed over the Brahmaputra River connecting Dhubri in Assam to Phulbari, Tura, Rongram, and Rongjeng in Meghalaya. Total cost of the project would be Rupees 4997 crores.
PM to launch Mahabahu-Brahmaputra initiative