During the 2-day visit to Bangladesh, on 26th March, 2021, PM Narendra Modi visited Bangladesh at the invitation of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. The Visit included the commemoration of three very significant events. First was Mujib Borsho, second is the birth anniversary of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and the third is the celebration of 50 years (5 decades) of Bangladesh Liberation and the establishment of diplomatic ties between the countries.
Apart from these, there were five Memorandum of understanding signed by Prime Minister Modi related to connectivity, commerce, Information Technology and sports to build the bilateral ties between the India and Bangladesh.
- MoU on Disaster Management, strengthen and Mitigation.
- Bangladesh National Cadet Corps (BNCC) and National Cadet Corps of India(INCC)
- The establishment of a framework of Cooperation in the Area of Trade Remedial measures between the two nations.
- Tripartite Memorandum of understanding on Establishment of Sport Facilities at Rajshahi College field and surrounding areas.
- Tripartite MoU on supply of Information and Communications Technology equipment, courseware and reference books and training for Bangladesh-Bharot Digital services and Employment and Training Centre.
- Rohingyas’ Issue: Safe and sustainable facilitation of displaced people from Rakhine.
- Teesta River: Requested for early finalization of draft for water sharing of the Teesta & Feni River.
- BBIN Project: Facilitation of Bangladesh exports to Nepal and Bhutan via India.
- Nuclear Power Plant: Transmission line of Ruppur Nuclear power plant in Bangladesh to be developed by Indian companies.
- Maitri Diwas: 6th December, on which India formally recognized Bangladesh, will be celebrated as Maîtri Diwas.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi gifted 109 Ambulances to Prime Minister Hasina along with a representational box to her as a symbol of gift of 1.2million Vaccine doses for COVID-19 as promised earlier. Prime Minister Hasina gifted Golden and Silver coin released on the occasion of birth centenary of Sheikh Mujibur Rehman and 50th anniversary of Bangladesh’s independence.
PM Modi visit to Bangladesh