14th PM of India Narendra Modi is to virtually launch Kisan Suryoday Yojana in Gujarat State. Central Government Kisan Suryoday Yojana aims to provide day time power supply for irrigation.
Points To Note
- Farmers are to be availed with power supply between 5 AM and 9 PM.
- Gujarat Govt has allocated budget of Rs 3,500 crores.
- These funds will install transmission infrastructure by 2023.
- Around 234 transmission lines are to be installed under the Kisan Suryoday Yojana.
- Each transmission line is to carry power of 66 KiloWatt.
- They are to be erected to a total length of 3,490 kilometer. Also, additional 220 KV substations are to be installed.
Along with Kisan Suryoday Project, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also launch 2 other projects. PM Modi will inaugurate a ropeway at the Junagadh’s Girnar. Also, PM will inaugurate the U N Mehta Institute of Cardiology & Research Centre. In all the PM Modi is to inaugurate three projects in Gujarat State.
How Electricity can help Irrigation?
Majority of the Indian economy is dependent on agriculture. From 1990 to 2000, the growth rate in agriculture sector was stagnant. Later as the aggregation and dissemination of innovative farming techniques improved growth rate of agriculture also increased. This was mainly due to supply of electricity. Groundwater irrigation is currently completely driven by electricity.
According to the Ministry of Power a village is said to be electrified if
- It has the basic infrastructure such as Distribution Transformers and distribution lines
- Electricity is provided to public places
- At least 1 and percentage of village should be electrified.
Present days there are several places that use of flood irrigation as a drip irrigation requires electricity. Drip irrigation saves 45 per cent age of electricity consumption. Today drip irrigation is widely implemented in Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu state.
Thus, the Kisan Suryoday scheme is highly important as it has the potential to bring in innovative practices in agriculture
PM Modi launches Kisan Suryoday Yojana PM Modi launches Kisan Suryoday Yojana