The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi formally launched the distribution of E-Property Cards under the Svamitva Scheme. Around 4.09 lakh property cards were distributed. The E-Property cards were distributed on the side-lines of National Panchayati Raj Day on April 24.
The Svamitva Scheme
- This Scheme was launched in the year 2020 on National Panchayati Raj day.
- Svamitva stands for Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas.
- The Svamitva scheme aims to provide integrated property validation solution for rural India.
- Under this scheme, the mapping is to be done in a phase-wise manner between 2020 and 2024.
- It will map the land parcels using drone technology. Also, Continously Operating Reference Station (CORS) will be used for demarcation.
- It is currently applicable only in 5 states Karnataka, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
- The Central Government has allotted Rupees 79.65 crores for the scheme.
- To provide financial Stability to people in rural areas as land can be used as an asset to get a loan.
- To create accurate land records. This will help in better rural planning.
- The Scheme will help to support the Gram Panchayat Development Plan.
- The Scheme will help solve property related disputes in rural areas.
- Over 6 lakh rural people are to be benefitted from the scheme.
- The “Record of Rights” is to be provided under the scheme through land or property registrations.
- It will help monetise rural residential assets.
PM launched SVAMITVA E-Property Cards distributed PM launched SVAMITVA E-Property Cards distributed