14th Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi inaugurated “Arogya Van” in Gujarat’s Kevadia. This was launched in the aftermath of National Unity day celebrations which is being observed on 31st Oct 2020. PM Modi is on a 2 day visit to the state and also participated in the National Unity day celebration.
PM Modi also inaugurated the Sardar Patel Zoological Park which is popularly known as the “Jungle Safari” in Gujarat’s Kevadia. Apart from that, he also inaugurated “Ekta Mall” which is a nutrition park for children in Kevadia.
- Arogya Van is spread over 17 acres and has more than 380 selected species.
- It comprise of an aroma garden, a lotus pond, yoga and meditation garden.
- It also have a digital information centre, indoor plant selection and a cafeteria that serves Ayurvedic foods.
- Apart from that, the van comprise of hundreds of medicinal plants.
- Arogya van also provide the information of usage and importance of the medicinal plants.
Arogya Van will help India to preserve its traditional plant species and its applications. The diet of India was full of green leafy vegetables, fruits, grains, pulses, milk and eggs, traditionally Herbs were naturally added to support human livings and to enhance the taste of the food as well. But the increasing importance of western food culture system (Junk foods) in india has created nutritional imbalances among children. As a result, India is at the verge of losing several traditional plant species. In order to conserve the traditional plants, the van becomes significant.
PM Modi inaugurates Arogya Van in Gujarat PM Modi inaugurates Arogya Van in Gujarat