On 19th February 2021, PM Modi, addressed the India-Australia Circular Economy Hackathon (I-ACE) .
Points To Note
- During the hackathon meeting, PM Modi said that there is a need to look at India’s consumption patterns.
- India also needs to look upon how to reduce their ecological impact.
- Further, PM said that the Circular Economy can be a key step to solve many of the challenges with respect to the consumption pattern.
- PM Modi further highlighted that once should must make the recycling & reusing things, eliminating waste and improving resource efficiency a part of the lifestyles.
- PM also highlighted that; the innovations that were showcased at the hackathon will inspire both the countries to take lead in circular economy solutions.
- PM Modi urged people to find ways so as to scale-up and incubate these ideas.
- At the hackathon meeting, Waste reduction solutions were provided by 200 percipients from 72 teams of the students and start-ups.
India & Australia Circular Economy Hackathon (I-ACE)
The bilateral Circular Economy Hackathon was launched by think tank NITI Aayog Atal Innovation Mission. The hackathon was launched in association with the commonwealth scientific and industrial research organisation of Australia. It focuses on identification and development of the innovative technology solutions provided by students, MSMEs (Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) and start-ups from both the countries. It will help in encouraging a sustainable circular economy. The hackathon was launched with the aim of increasing long-term health and resilience.
Themes of the hackathon I-ACE
- The Innovation in food supply chains avoiding waste
- The Innovation in packaging reducing packaging waste
- Creating opportunities for plastics waste reduction
- Recycling critical energy metals and e-waste
About Circular economy
The Circular economy is an economic system which aims to eliminate the waste and continual use of resources. Circular economy employs the reuse, repair, sharing, refurbishment, remanufacturing and recycling in order to create closed-loop system. This system helps in minimising the use of resource inputs. It also minimises the creation of pollution, waste and carbon emissions.
India-Australia Circular Economy Hackathon