14th PM of the Republic of India Narendra Modi on 29 September 2020 will inaugurate 6 ‘Namami Gange’ projects mostly relating to the sewage treatment in Uttarakhand. The PM Modi will also dedicate a museum on Ganga named- “Ganga Avlokan” located at the Chandi Ghat to the Nation.
Points to Note
- The PM Modi will launch a book “Rowing Down the Ganges” on the occasion. It has been co-published by National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and Wildlife Institute of India (WII).
- PM Modi is also going to release a logo of Jal Jeevan Mission, Magdarshika for Gram Panchayats and Paani Samitis under Jal Jeevan Mission.
About Namami Gange Project
- The sewage treatment capacity in Uttarakhand was limited to only 61.5 Million Litres per Day in 2014. Out of this, 45 Million Litres per Day capacity needed improvement.
- So under the Namami Gange, 45 Million Litres per Day Sewage Treatment Plant capacity has been rehabilitated and 153 Million Litres per Day new capacity has been created.
- The projects include:
- Project in Haridwar- It will increase the city’s sewage treatment capacity to 145 MLD from the present 45 Million Litres per Day.
- Jagjeetpur Project upgradation- Upgradation of project having capacity of 27 Million Litres per Day.
- Jagjeetpur Project construction- This sewage treatment plant has the capacity of 68 Million Litres per DayIt is the first sewerage project which is awarded under Hybrid Annuity Model.
- Sarai Project, Haridwar- having capacity of 18 Million Litres per Day (Tertiary treatment)
- Rishikesh sewage Plant- Generation in the city was 14.6 Million Litres per Dayin 2016 which was upgraded from 6 Million Litres per Day in 2014-15. Here, a new Sewage Treatment Plant of 26 Million Litres per Dayhas been completed at a sanctioned cost of Rs 158 crore.
- STP at Chandreshwar Nagar- it has a capacity of 7.5 Million Litres per Day.
- Chorpani Project- the capacity of Chorpani in Muni ki Reti project is 5 Million Litres per Day
- 2 projects at Badrinath- having capacity of 1 MLD and 0.01 Million Litres per Day.
Ganga Avalokan Museum
The PM Modi will inaugurate the nation’s first museum on Ganga. Museum has been dedicated to showcase the biodiversity, rejuvenation and culture in Ganga river. The museum is located at Haridwar’s Chandi Ghat.
Namami Gange Programme
The Namami Gange programme was launched with an objective to achieve Effective Abatement of Pollution and Conservation and Rejuvenation of National River Ganga. Namami Gange is operated under Ministry of Jal Shakti and implemented by the National Mission for Clean Ganga. Recently, the World Bank approved a loan of Rs 3,000 crores for five years under the project. Under the mission, 313 projects has been cleared so far at a cost of Rs 25 thousand crores. PM inaugurates Six Mega Namami Gange Projects PM inaugurates Six Mega Namami Gange Projects