The Pi Beam, which is an Indian Institutes of Technology Madras-incubated start-up, launched the electric two-wheeler called ‘PiMO’.
Points To Note
- The Pi Beam has set an aim of selling 10000 vehicles by the end of the financial year 2021-22.
- The bike was founded by an Indian Institutes of Technology Madras Alum Visakh Sasikumar.
- 100 customers have already pre-booked the e-bike.
- The electric 2-wheeler can charge faster than a smartphone.
- The sustainable and affordable bike has a range of 50 kilometer.
- The e-bike was launched for the personal and commercial needs.
- It has been priced at Rupees. 30000.
- It does not require licence or registration.
- The e-bike will offer the green and easy mobility on Indian roads.
- 90% of the components of bike such as crucial batteries and controllers were manufactured in India.
- Thus, it is among few Electric vehicle in the local market that follows the spirit of ‘Make in India’ spirit.
The e-bike stands between an electric bicycle and the entry-level electric scooter. It has a top speed of 25 kmph. The e-bike provided a higher travel range when compared to the electric bicycle category. The bike also offers a Battery Swapping’ Technology.
The Battery Swapping Technology
Using this technology, a drained battery can be exchanged with a fully charged battery at the designated locations.
Pi Beam Electric
The Pi Beam Electric is an an Indian Institutes of Technology Madras-incubated start-up. The company provides for a range of green, stylish, affordable and easy-to-use EV solutions for personal and commercial uses. Information Technology also offers an end-to-end micro-mobility sustainable Electric vehicles. The Electric vehicles are data-driven that augment the productivity for the last-mile logistics and transportation.
PiMo eBike launched by IIT Madras PiMo eBike launched by IIT Madras