After UPI, NPCI launched UPI Auto Pay feature for reoccur payments.
Auto Pay Feature can be used for multiple financial purposes such as booking Train ticket, utility payment (Water Bill, Electricity Bill, House tax etc), Recharge DTH. Auto Pay Feature are provided by private firms and E-Wallet such as Paytm, PhonePe, Policy Bazaar, Axis Bank, Timesprime, Razor Pay and Pay U India.
Unified Payments Interface
UPI was developed by National Payments Corporation of India. The interface is regulated by RBI. There are 142 Inidan banks that are live on Unified Payments Interface.
According to NPCI report, coustmers done 799 million transactions are done monthly under Unified Payments Interface.
NPCI is an umbrella organisation. NPCI was established in 2008. Service under NPCI
- Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS)
- Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS)
- BHIM (Indian mobile payment App)
- Cheque Truncation System (CTS)
- Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
- National Common Mobility Card (NCMC)
- National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC)
- RuPay (domestic card payment scheme )
- Unified Payment Interface (UPI)
NPCI launched UPI Auto Pay Feature