Recently Bangladesh Govt formally launched No Mask No Service Policy nationwide. Under the Bangladesh Govt new policy,
- No services will be offered to the people who are not wearing masks during Covid-19.
- No Bangladesh citizen will be allowed to enter offices without wearing masks. Also, all offices should install a notice board saying “No Mask No Service”.
COVID-19 vaccine in Bangladesh
In July 2020, Bangladesh Government approved Sinovac Biotech Vaccine to begin its third trial. Sinovac Biotech is a Chinese Covid-19 vaccine. After that, in October 2020, Government of the People’s Republic of China rejected the vaccine, as the company wanted the Bangladesh Govt to co-finance the trials, which was off the agreement.
- After china vaccine trial, Russia has agreed to sell Sputnik V covid-19 vaccine to Bangladesh but it still under trials. On the other hand, India start the trail of Sputnik V.
- Government of India has agreed to offer COVID-19 vaccines to Bangladesh on priority basis.
- United Kingdom Government is to provide equal access of COVID-19 vaccines to all the countries. Accordingly, the Oxford Vaccine is to be provided to Bangladesh once it is ready for use. Serum Institute has signed an agreement to provide 100 crore doses of the Oxford vaccines to Low-income countries and middle-income countries. Serum institute is to mass produce the COVISHIELD vaccine, after the trials are successful. The Oxford University developed the COVISHIELD vaccine. Serum institute has already produced 20 lakh doses for testing. It is to increase it to 1 crore doses per month. Serum institute of India is the largest manufacturer of vaccines by volume. It produces more than 1.5 billion vaccine doses annually.
India-Bangladesh during COVID-19
- India provided Hydroxychloroquine tablets and protective gear in April 2020. Bangladesh was one of the countries to receive aid from India at the earliest when the Covid-19 began to spread.
- India sent 5 lakh surgical gloves and 100,000 HCQ in April 2020.
- Again, India provided over 30 thousand RT-PCR test kits in May, 2020.
No Mask No Service Policy launched by Bangladesh Govt