The National Highways Authority of India has successfully achieved the 100% cashless toll collection at the National Highway (NH) fee plazas across the nation
Points To Note
- All NH lanes across the fee plazas have been declared as FASTag lanes in effect from 16th February 2021.
- The roll out of 100% cashless tolling is being positively received by the Highway users.
- Ever since the FASTag norm was notified, over 250,000 tags have been sold nationwide.
- In a single day, total 60 lakh transactions were done that resulted into the toll collection of Rupees 95 crores through the FASTag.
- The total penetration of the FASTag has reached to 87% in the country till date.
- There was an increase of 7% penetration since 16th February.
- The government of India is also facilitating a free FASTag campaign to facilitate the adoption of FASTag by highway users. The free campaign will run till 1st of March.
My FASTag App
My FASTag App launched by Union Highway ministry, through this app FASTag users “Check Balance Status” and app will also provide the convenience to highway users to look after the FASTag balance. My FASTag App will show the FASTag wallet balance status with the help of color codes. Green colour will represent the Active tag with sufficient balance, Orange colour will be tagged for low balance while the Red colour will be for Blacklisted tags.
The FASTag is an electronic toll collection system which is operated by the National Highway Authority of India. It works on the Radio Frequency Identification technology to make the toll payments nationwide. The payment is deducted directly from the prepaid or savings account of toll owner.
RFID technology uses the electromagnetic fields that automatically identify and track the tags attached to any of the objects. It comprises of a tiny radio transponder, a radio receiver and a transmitter. It can be used to track the inventory goods.
NHAI achieves 100% Cashless Toll Collection NHAI achieves 100% Cashless Toll Collection