Himachal Pradesh’s Mandi has bagged the first position among 30 districts nationwide for successfully implementing the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
Points To Note
- Government of India”s Rural Development Ministry declared the list of top performing 30 districts nationwide.
- Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh has received top position for constructing roads of maximum length in 2020-21.
- Along with Mandi district, six more districts of Himachal Pradesh have found place among top 30 best performing districts. Six districts include – Himachal Pradesh’s Una, Shimla, Sirmour, Solan, Chamba & Kangra, Hamirpur.
- Among the states, HP has secured 2nd position for construction of roads under Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana.
- Himachal Pradesh State have improved its performance under the PMGSY by constructing 1104 Km roads in year 2020.
Government of India lauched Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana national scheme in 2000 Late Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee and implemented by Ministry of Rural Development. PMGSY Scheme aims to provide all-weather road connectivity to the unconnected villages. Funds for PMGSY scheme Sponsored by GoI. In 2015, it was decided that the project will be funded by both the central government and states (60%)-(40%) on the recommendations of 14th Finance Commission. Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana connect habitations having population of more than 250 in the hilly states and above 500 in the plains.
Mandi district top position for implementing PMGSY Mandi district top position for implementing PMGSY