Central Ministry of Textiles (Smriti Zubin Irani) has launched a national campaign for Diwali- “Local4Diwali”. The national campaign has been launched to promote the Indian handicraft which is the cultural heritage. It also a source of livelihood for many. According to the GoI data, the handicrafts sector is a major sector of women empowerment as almost 55 per cent of the workers and artisans are women.
Local4Diwali Campaign Aim
- The main aim of the national campaign is to urge people to buy and gift Indian handicraft products on this Diwali.
- The basic aim of the Local4Diwali is to give a boost to Indian handicrafts and artisans.
Appeals by Textiles Ministry
- PM Modi has urged the people to use Indian handicrafts and also promote it.
- The Ministry of Textiles has asked the people to come together and show support for local textile and handicraft business.
- Gift Diyas, home décor or furnishings like curtains, bed sheets or other handcrafted goods to your dear.
- To encourage the sale of local handicrafts, share posts on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. with hashtag #Local4Diwali.
- Take a picture of your favorite handicraft product and post the picture tagging others.
The #Local4Diwali campaign will help the handicraft artisans and workers in increasing their sales and promoting their business. After the promotion of idea of “Vocal for Local” by Prime Minister Modi, every sector is working towards promoting local businesses and strengthening Atmanirbhar Bharat (‘self-reliant India’ or ‘self-sufficient India’). #Local4Diwali campaign launched by Ministry of Textiles #Local4Diwali campaign launched by Ministry of Textiles