Telangana based Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems Pvt. Ltd., which is a joint venture between the Kalyani Group of India and Israeli Rafael Advanced Defence Systems, have released the first batch of MRSAM kits. The Surface to Air Missile was released for Indian Army and Indian Air Force.
MRSAM is Medium Range Surface to Air Missile
The release of the Medium Range Surface to Air Missile also marked the KRAS’ commitment to deliver more than 1000 MRSAM missile kits to India in near future. These missile sections will then be sent for further and future integration to the Bharat Dynamics Ltd. The Kalyani Group has infused the “State-of-the-art technology with the engineering excellence in the company.
Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems is the private sector MSME in India comprising of advanced manufacturing capabilities and facilities which is specially dedicated to address the assembly, integration and testing of the state-of the-art weapon systems which are being inducted in the India’s defence forces. Kalyani Rafael Advanced Systems also address the Maintenance and Repair Operations of the major in-service Air Defence Missile System in the Indian Air Force.
About Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile
- The Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile was developed by DRDO) in association with the Israel Aerospace Industries.
- The MRSAM missile was handed over to India in August 2019.
- The MRSAM missile provides the air defence capability to the Indian Armed forces against a several aerial threats at medium ranges.
- The MRSAM weapon system comprises one command & control system, one tracking radar, Mobile launcher systems and missiles.
- The Mobile launcher system is used to transport and launch up to eight canisterised missiles.
- It is 4.5m-long and weighs 276kilogram.
- The weapon is also equipped with the canards and fins to control & manoeuvrability.
- It is also equipped with the advanced active radar radio frequency seeker and an advanced rotating phased array radar.
KRAS rolls out First batch of MRSAM Missiles KRAS rolls out First batch of MRSAM Missiles