Government of India Sports Ministry has approved six Khelo India Centres of Excellence (CoE) in 6 different states. Khelo India CoE is an initiative of the Ministry of Sports to upgrade the existing sports infrastructure in the country. The Sports Ministry has announced a financial support of over 64 crore to upgrade these 6 Khelo India centres.
The aim of creating these Khelo India Centres of Excellence is to create a strong and healthy sports ecosystem in india.
Khelo India CoE Approved by Ministry of Sports
The names of the 6 Khelo India CoE approved by Sports Ministry along with financial support extended to them is as follows-
- Sarusajai’s States Sports Academy, Assam with a financial support of 7.96 crore Rupees.
- Shillong’s J N S Complex with a financial support of 8.39 crore Rupees.
- Daman & Diu’s New Sports Complex Silvassa with a financial support of 8.05 crore Rupees.
- Madhya Pradesh State Sports Academy with a financial support of 19 crore Rupees.
- Balewadi’s Shree Shivchhatrapati Sports Complex with a financial support of 16 crore Rupees.
- Sikkim’s Palzor Stadium with a financial support of 7.91 crore Rupees.
Key Points related to Khelo India CoE
- Each Khelo India CoE will provide world-class training in a specific sport and will become the main training facility of the particular sport in India. Elite players of a particular sport will provide training at these centres.
- Each Khelo-India Centres of Excellence will be given support for 14 Olympic sports and each state and Union Territory will be provided financial support for maximum 3 sports.
While speaking about the GoI initiative, Kiren Rijiju Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports said that the creation of these Centres of Excellence is an attempt of the govt to come closer to its objective of bringing India in top Ten countries in Olympics 2028. 6 Khelo India Centre of Excellence 6 Khelo India Centre of Excellence