Recently Kerala Government decided to set up Mini Museums. The state which is home to countrie’s biggest art event called Kochi-Muziris Biennale.
Points To Note
- In that context, Dr Venu V Additional Chief Secretary of Kerala and manage the departments of Archaeology stated that the old notion with respect to the museums is needed to change.
- There is a need that the museums should be able to converse with the visitors specially with the youngsters.
- In order to comply with the objectives, the state government has launched an initiative which aims to establish and promote mini museums in state.
The Keralam Museum
- It has been started by Keralam Museum. It is an organisation that build and modernise the museums.
- It has been started to challenge the old-fashioned norms regarding the conservation of cultures.
- The new museum movement seeks to replace the revolutionary concepts which is gaining momentum across the world.
- Keralam Museum has also completed several other assignments namely,
- Vaikom Satyagraha Memorial Gandhi Museum in Kottayam
- Koyikkal Palace Folklore Museum at Nedumangad in Thiruvananthapuram,
- Gandhi Smriti Museum at Payyanur
- Apart from that, around 20 District Heritage Museums are under process.
Museum Projects in Kerala
The state government of Kerala has also decided that the Bastion Bungalow at Fort Kochi will function as the Ernakulam District Heritage Museum. The galleries of this museum visually explain the interventions of Portuguese, Dutch and the British powers into the political domain kingdoms of Kerala. Apart from that, Kerala recently opened District Heritage Museum in Palakkad. It is situated 150 kilometer north of Kochi. This museum focuses on the agriculture, arts and music of the region.
Kerala govt to set up Mini Museums Kerala govt to set up Mini Museums