Subedar Joginder Singh of 1st battalion of Army’s Sikh Regiment had laid down his life while fighting the Chinese soldiers. Recently Joginder War Memorial by Indian Army was inaugurated at Arunachal Pradesh’s Bum La region. War Memorial was inaugurated by the Subedar Joginder Singh’s daughter Kulwant Kaur.
Param Vir Chakra awardee Joginder singh
- Subedar Joginder Singh was awarded Param Vir Chakra on 23 October 1962 after Sino-Indian War.
- In 1936, Subedar Joginder Singh joined the British Indian army.
- Subedar Joginder Singh served the first battalion of Sikh regiment in British Indian army.
- During the Sino Indian War 1962, Joginder Singh was a commanding officer.
- Joginder Singh led his outnumbered Troops against the Chinese army and defended his post till he was wounded and captured.
- Subedar Joginder Singh died in Chinese custody.
- Subedar Singh was honoured with the Param Vir Chakra in 1962 for his bravery of handling 50 Chinese men alone.
In 1980, 15 crude oil tankers were named after Joginder Singh. A statue of the brave officer was built in Punjab’s Moga.
Arunachal Pradesh border issue
People’s Republic of China claims 90 thousand square km of land area in Arunachal Pradesh to be its own territory. Indian region was initially called North East Frontier agency. During Indo Sino war 1962 Chinese Army occupied the regions of Arunachal Pradesh. However later it withdrew respecting the Mcmahon Line. But even today China climbs almost The Fall of Arunachal Pradesh as its own territory.
Johnson line & McDonald line
- In 1865, Johnson line was proposed under British India. Johnson line was proposed by Major General John Ardagh to the British Indian.
- Johnson line shows Aksai Chin region as a part of Indian territory. India takes this line as the correct International border between India & China
- In 1893, McDonald line was proposed was proposed by British Indian Government. McDonald line is taken as the correct International border by People’s Republic of China.
McMahon line is the demarcation line between Tibet and the North-east region of India. runs from the limit of Bhutan to Talu pass (tri-point borders of India, China, and Myanmar). McMahon line is considered as illegal by China. McMahon line proposed by British colonial administrator Sir Henry McMahon
States sharing China border
The Indian states sharing China border are Arunachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Sikkim. Also, the Indian union territory Ladakh shares the international boundary with People’s Republic of China.
Joginder war Memorial inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh Joginder war Memorial inaugurated in Arunachal Pradesh