IT Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad, launched a e-filing portal of Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) called ‘itat e-dwar’ on 25th June 2021.
- While launching the portal, Union Minister highlighted the power of Digital India.
- According to Ravi Shankar Prasad, Digital India means empowering ordinary Indian with power of technology in order to bridge the digital divide between digital haves and digital have nots.
- As per the minister, data of more than 18 crore cases are available in National Judicial Data Grid. He suggested to integrate cases of ITAT with NJDG.
- The larger narrative of transformation that India is undergoing through digital medium.
- It will enable innovation & empowerment and open new avenues for growth.
- This e-filing portal will enhance accessibility, accountability and transparency in working of ITAT.
- It will result into economization of use of paper, savings in costs and rationalization of fixation of cases which in turn help in quicker disposal of cases.
- It would help parties to file their Appeals, Miscellaneous Applications, documents, etc electronically.
Itat e-dwar e-filing portal