ISRO begins countdown for the launch of PSLV-C 51 or Amazonia-1 mission started on 27th February 2021. The countdown began 8:54 am Today.
- (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) PSLV-C51 is scheduled to be launched from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Andhra Pradesh’s Sriharikota.
- PSLV-C51 will be launched from the space centre on 28th February 2021 at 10:24 pm.
- This is the 53rd PSLC mission of the Indian Space Research Organisation.
- In this launch, ISRO’s PSLV-C51 rocket will carry Brazilian satellite Amazonia-1 as primary satellite.
- Along with the Amazonia-1, ISRO Vehicle will also carry 19 co-passenger satellites.
- However, this launch is subjected to the weather condition in the city on 28th February 2021.
- This mission is also the first dedicated commercial mission of commercial nodal agency of ISRO called “New Space India Ltd”.
Role of New Space India Ltd
- The New Space India Ltd is working on this mission in accordance with the commercial agreement with the Spaceflight Industries.
- Spaceflight Inc. is a satellite rideshare and mission management provider. It is based in US’ Seattle
- Out of the 18 co-passenger satellites, 14 will be sent by New Space India Ltd.
The satellite is being sent by Brazilian National Institute for Space Research. Amazonia-1 is an optical Earth observation satellite. The Amazonia-1 will work to provide strength to the existing structure. It will also share the remote sensing data so as to monitor the deforestation in the Amazon region of Brazil. Further, the satellite will provide analysis of the diversified agriculture across Brazil.
The Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle will be carrying 4 co-passengers from the nodal agency called Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe). The IN-SPACe is an independent agency working under the Department of Space. It allows the private sector to take part in the space activities. The satellites from this agency include 3 UNITY sats along with one satellite from the Satish Dhawan Satellite.
PSLV-C51/Amazonia-1 Mission launched PSLV-C51/Amazonia-1 Mission launched