International Criminal Police Organization Interpol has created two secure and flexible services in order to facilitate cybercrime related communication to the law enforcement agencies and other stakeholders. The creation of services would ensure more effective and coordinated action on the basis of timely intelligence.
What was the need?
- Cybercrime has become most prolific forms of transnational crime.
- Many cyber threats like malware, Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) and ransomware are emerging and bringing new challenges to law enforcement agencies.
- The agencies face the challenge of including large volumes of data, cross-border investigations and new areas of technical knowledge.
- In that light, police agencies need to share information and knowledge with their counterparts globally in order to develop a timely and intelligence-based response.
- Therefore, both services have been created.
- The services are: Cybercrime Knowledge Exchange Workspace and Cybercrime Collaborative Platform Techniques.
Cybercrime Knowledge Exchange workspace
The workspace handles the general and non-police information. This exchange workspace is open to all relevant users including the law enforcement agencies, governments, international organisations and cybersecurity industry experts so as to exchange non-police operational information on cybercrime. This workspace is a dynamic communication channel enabling users around the world so as to discuss the latest cybercrime trends, prevention strategies, detection technologies and investigation techniques globally.
Cybercrime Collaborative Platform-Operation
The platform assists the law enforcement agencies in their operations. Cybercrime Collaborative Platform provides access restricted to the operational stakeholders only.
The system will create an international network of subject matter experts so as to share knowledge and experience in the field of cybercrimes. Interpol created two cybercrime-related communication services Interpol created two cybercrime-related communication services