The nationwide Intensified Mission Indradhanush (IMI) 3.0 has launched by Union Health Minister, Harsh Vardhan.
Points To Note
- The national mission will be conducted in two rounds.
- The first round will start from 22nd February while the 2nd phase will start from 22nd March 2021.
- The Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0 will run across 250 districts or urban areas across the 29 States or UTs.
- Apart from that, the Health Minister also launched the IMI 3.0 portal and released Operational Guidelines for it.
- Health Minister also launched the awareness material or IEC package developed under the campaign.
About Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0
- The Government of India Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0 initiative in order to provide immunization to the pregnant women and children free of cost across the India.
- It will strengthen and re-energize immunization programme.
- The mission will help in achieve full immunization coverage for children and pregnant women rapidly.
- It also aims to reach the unreached population. It will reach to them with all the available vaccines under the Universal Immunisation Programme.
About Mission Indradhanush
- The Mission Indradhanush was launched by PM Modi in 2014 with the aim of fully immunizing unvaccinated or partially vaccinated children under Universal Immunisation Programme.
- The national Mission targets children aged under 2 years and pregnant women for immunization.
- The national mission incorporated immunization programme against 12 Vaccine-Preventable Diseases namely polio, Whooping cough, diphtheria, tetanus, tuberculosis, hepatitis B, pneumonia, meningitis, Haemophilus influenzae type B infections, rotavirus vaccine, Japanese encephalitis, measles-rubella and pneumococcal conjugate vaccine.
- The rate of immunization coverage under the initiative has increased to 6.7 per cent yearly through the first two phases of the Mission.
Intensified Mission Indradhanush
The Intensified Mission Indradhanush was launched in the year 2017 to reach child aged under two years and pregnant women who were left uncovered under the routine immunisation programme. Under the mission, greater focuswas given on urban areas which wasleft under the Mission Indradhanush.
Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0 Launched