According to media Reports, United States based Intel Corporation’s investment arm Intel Capital will invest in India’s Mobile network operator company Jio Platform worth ₹ 1,894.50 crores. Jio Platform is a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited’s. The official proclamation was made by Reliance Industries on July first week. With FDI (Foreign direct investment), equity value in Jio Platforms rose to ₹ 4.91 lakh crore, while ₹ 5.16 lakh crore its enterprise value in 2020.
Intel Corporation’s investment worth ₹ 1894.50 will translate to 0.39 percent of an equity stake in Jio Platforms. During Pandemic and 11th weeks since 22nd April current year, this was the twelfth FDI in Mobile network company Jio Platforms. The twelfth FDI make a total of ₹ 1,17,588.45 crores that have been raised in Jio Platforms. This investment will increase the total stake in Jio Platforms of foreign investors to 25.09 %.
Investments in Reliance Jio Platform this year (from 22nd April to 2nd July)
- April 22nd: Facebook 9.99 percent stake at Rs 43,573.62 crore
- May 4th: Silver Lake 1.15 percent stake at Rs 5,655.75 crore
- May 8th: Vista 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- May 17th: General Atlantic 1.34 percent stake at Rs 6,598.38 crore
- May 22nd: KKR 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- June 5th: Mubadala 1.85 percent stake at Rs 9,093.60 crore
- June 5th: Silver Lake: 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- June 7th: ADIA 1.16 percent stake at Rs 5,683.50 crore
- June 13th: TPG 0.93 percent stake at Rs 4,546.80 crore
- June 13th: L Catterton 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
- June 18th: PIF 2.32 percent stake at Rs 11,367 crore
- July 2nd: Intel Capital 0.39 percent stake at Rs 1,894.50 crore
Jio Platforms is an Indian digital services company and a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited. Jio Platforms owns India’s largest mobile network operator Jio and other digital businesses of Reliance. In May 2020, the enterprise value of Jio Platforms (subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited) was estimated to be ₹5.15 trillion (US$72 billion).
Intel Capital Invests in Jio Platforms Intel Capital Invests in Jio Platforms