Recently Government of India is going to launch India’s first-ever diesel tractor that has been converted to Compressed Natural Gas on 12th February 2021.
Points To Note
- The First CNG Tractor will be formally launched by Union Minister, Nitin Gadkari.
- The conversion of the Diesel tractor into the CNG tractor was carried out jointly by Rawmatt Techno Solutions and Tomasetto Achille India Pvt Ltd.
- The conversion to CNG will help the farmers to increase their income.
- This initiative will lower the costs and help to create job opportunities for the people living in rural India.
- CNG tractor will also help the farmer to save more than Rupees 1 lakh on the costs of fuel annually.
- This in turn will help the farmers to improve their livelihood.
Benefits of converting a tractor to CNG
The benefits of converting the tractor to CNG with respect to farmers are:
- This retrofitted CNG tractor produces more power or equal when compared to the diesel-run engine.
- It will reduce the overall emissions by 70% as compared to the emission by the diesel tractors.
- It would also help farmers to save up to 50% of the fuel cost.
CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) is a clean fuel. The carbon content in the CNG is the lowest among all the fuels. It is economical because of zero lead in it. It is non-corrosive, non-dilutive and non-contaminating in nature. These properties help to increase the life of the engine. Further, the fuel requires less regular maintenance.
First CNG Tractor to be launched