The Indian Oil Corporation Limited and Greenstat Norway signed an agreement to set up the Centre of Excellence (CoE) on Hydrogen. The bilateral agreement was signed some days after India unveiled its national hydrogen mission.
Points To Note
- Government of India unveiled the National Hydrogen Mission to accelerate their plans to generate the carbon-free fuel from renewable sources.
- GoI has also pledged in the Union Budget for the FY 2021-22 to focus on generating hydrogen from the green power sources.
- GoI also pledged to build more diverse and efficient energy infrastructure.
The Centre of Excellence on Hydrogen
- The Indian oil Ltd associated with the Greensat Norway with the aim of developing a Centre of Excellence (CoE) on Hydrogen.
- It was launched with the objective of facilitating the transfer and sharing of technology.
- Centre of Excellence on Hydrogen will also share the experience through the green hydrogen value chain and other technologies such as hydrogen storage and fuel cells.
- This platform will act as a vehicle to promote Research and development projects in Green and Blue Hydrogen between the Research and development institutes and universities of the countries.
- The Centre of Excellence will work closely with the industry and governments of both the countries.
- Centre of Excellence will also move its intellectual strengths in order to develop the cost-efficient and sustainable technological solutions.
- Centre of Excellence will act as a think tank for the developing codes and standards of the best industrial practices, product protocols, safety and regulations in the fields of hydrogen and fuel cells.
About National Hydrogen Mission
It was announced by the Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, in her Union budget for the FY 2020-21. This National Hydrogen Mission was announced with the aim of generating hydrogen from the green power resources.
The Hydrogen fuel is a zero-emission fuel when burned with oxygen. The fuel can be used in the fuel cells or in the internal combustion engines. Hydrogen fuel is also be used as fuel for spacecraft propulsion.
Indian Oil- Norway’s Greenstat collaborate for hydrogen research Indian Oil- Norway’s Greenstat collaborate for hydrogen research