Indian IT companies, like Wipro Limited and Tech Mahindra, will be collaborating with Finland companies to develop the 5G and 6G technologies to use them in India and global market.
Finnish tech company, Nokia has already started working in the rural areas of India so as to expand the 5G applications. This was announced after the PM Modi and Prime Minister of Finland Sanna Marin hold a virtual summit on 16th March 2021.
Northern European nation, Finland has been a pioneer in technologies such as 2G, 3G and 4G. So, the Indian tech companies Wipro Ltd and Tech Mahindra are working with the companies and institutes in Finland to further the collaboration and expansion of 5G technology and evolution of the 6G technologies.
Bilateral Virtual Summit
- PM Modi and Finnish Prime Minister Sanna Marin hold the virtual summit during which they reviewed the ongoing collaboration in the fields of innovation, research & development, energy & clean technologies and trade & investment.
- During the summit, Both countries agreed over the “ongoing collaboration in joint development of Quantum Computer using the artificial intelligence”.
- The Quantum computer is being developed after a collaboration between Indian Institute of Science, Education & Research, Pune, and Aalto University, Finland.
- It is being developed to meet the societal challenges.
- Both countries also noted that the digital domain was one of the most promising sectors for intensive India−Finland relation.
- Both will also be focusing on the areas of future ICT, quantum technologies & computing, future mobile technologies, 6G research and development, digital transformation, future education, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence and blockchain technologies.
Indian IT firms to develop 5G and 6G Technologies Indian IT firms to develop 5G and 6G Technologies