Indian Army has named a firing range in Gulmarg, Kashmir after an Indian cinema actress, Vidya Balan.
- B-Town actress Vidya Balan also appear in ‘Shakuntala Devi’ web series.
- Vidya has contributed to Indian cinema for over two decades after she started her career on small screen.
- Vidya Balan has been honoured with several awards in past years for her phenomenal work in film industry.
- Naming of firing range after her is a special recognition by the Indian Army.
- Apart from this, she has been invited to join Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences which is the governing body behind Oscars.
Vidya Balan Firing range
‘Vidya Balan Firing range’ is situated in Gulmarg, Kashmir. She has also attended the Gulmarg Winter festival along with her husband Siddharth Roy Kapur which is organised by Indian Army. To recognise her contributions to cinema, this range was named after her.
Contribution of Vidya Balan
B-Town actress is one of the revolutionary actresses in Bollywood since 2000s for her female-led projects. She started her career in the year 1995 with ‘Hum Paanch’ small screen show. She made her debut to Bollywood after appearing in Bengali movie Bhalo Theko. Parineeta was her first movie in Bollywood. She has worked in movies like Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Heyy Babyy and Bhool Bhulaiyaa. She won a National Award of best actress for her role in The Dirty Picture. Her latest web show, Sherni, directed by Amit V. Masurkar, has gained lot of popularity among audience. She has played the role of Vidya Vincent in show.
Indian Army names Firing Range after Vidya Balan Indian Army names Firing Range after Vidya Balan