The Government of India is all set to launch the website of the India Toy Fair, 2021. The website (https://theindiatoyfair.in/) will be launched on 11th February 2021. It will be launched by the Union Minister of Textiles Smriti Irani, Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank and Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal in New Delhi.
Indian Toy Fair-2021
- India’s first ever toy fair (Indian Toy Fair) will be held virtually from February 27 to March 2, 2021.
- It is being organised by the Union Ministry of Textiles in association with the Union Ministry of Education and the Union Ministry of commerce and industry.
- The fair is a virtual event that will be organised with the aim of providing a joyful learning for the children in the country.
- It would engage the children in teaching, learning and promoting the indigenous toy industry.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Gandhinagar Centre for Creative Learning (CCL) has developed over 200 toys to showcase in fair.
- Some of the toys are-
- Hydralulic JCB controlled using syringes,
- Robot made using a DC (Direct Current) motor,
- Periscope to look beyond the wall,
- Easy learning of geometry through lamps.
- Explaining textbook trignometry through a sine wave car,
- The virtual fair would also comprise of 75 exhibition stalls of the State Council for Educational Research and Training, Ministry of Education, National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) and Department of School Education and Literacy.
The idea to organise a toy fair came from the PM Modi’s Mann Ki Baat address on 30th August 2020. In his address the PM highlighted the huge potential of toys market and the opportunities which can be used to promote the indigenous toys.
Centre for Creative Learning
In April 2017, It was established and it comprises of a team of 10 that nurture the scientific temper and creativity in students and teachers. Centre for Creative Learning has created over 200 toys and models to showcase in the virtual event. It is also playing a role of an expert group for the content provider for the toy fair.
India Toy Fair 2021