The bilateral CEO Forum between India – Singapore, that was launched in November 2018, again in 2021 second meeting held. The bilateral meeting was organized by the DPIIT and FICCI on 18th February 2021.
Points To Note
- During the bilateral Forum, Indian union Minister Piyush Goyal has stated that, both India and Singapore can work together in the arena of e-commerce, smart manufacturing, fintech and healthcare.
- In these areas, Both offer a large market.
- Piyush Goyal further stated that if both countries will work together in these areas, it will transform India’s own effort to give best to the people.
- Minister from both sides have also agreed to work for resolving the regulatory issues and processes that is affecting the bilateral trade and investment relations of the countries.
- Piyush Goyal also highlighted that, India is looking to expand its ties with Singapore on the basis of 3B’s namely, Buddhism, Bollywood and Business.
- Minister for Trade and Industry, S Iswaran, also emphasized for the greater engagement between businesses from both the countries.
- Piyush Goyal also emphasized on 3D’s namely, Development, Diversification and Digital Economy. These 3D’s would help in building a partnership which in turn will benefit both the countries.
Both India and Singapore work together in the fields of cyber security, disaster relief, education and skill development. These are the pillars where India can learn from Singapore. This partnership will also help India to become Aatmanirbhar. It will provide opportunities to India in order to increase its global footprint. India had recognized Singapore as an important member of the ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) grouping. Singapore is also the largest trade partner of India among the ASEAN nations. Singapore exchange has also partnered with the GIFT city (Gujarat International Finance Tec-City) which is first operational smart city in India.
India-Singapore CEO Forum 2021 India-Singapore CEO Forum 2021