Nitin Gadkari Minister for Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, launched the first-ever high quality Khadi Fabric Footwear of India on 21 Oct 2020. Khadi Fabric footwear has been designed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission.
Points To Note
- Indian footwears are made up of Khadi fabric such as Silk, Cotton and Wool.
- Khadi Fabric Footwears would bear the paintings from across India, including the Madhubani painting. This unique initiative will help to promote the various art forms of India along with the khadi fabric.
- An online sale of khadi Fabric footwear through KVIC’s e-portal was also launched by the MSME Minister.
- Khadi Fabric footwear price have been ranged from Rs 1100 to Rs 3300 per pair.
Importance of Khadi footwears
- Khadi Fabric footwears are cost-effective and of international quality. Use of fine fabric such as Patola Silk, Cotton, Banarasi Silk, Denim will attract the youngsters.
- With this development and marketing of these products in foreign markets, Khadi India would be able to capture a market of worth Rs five thousand crore.
- To make these products unique and trendy, Khadi products including Gujarat’s Patola Silk, Bihar’s Madhubani-printed Silk, Banarasi Silk, Khadi Denim, Tussar Silk, Cotton fabric, Matka – Katia Silk, Tweed Wool and Khadi Poly Vastra were used.
- MSME Minister also have urged Khadi and Village Industries Commission. to develop alternatives for leather accessories such as handbags, purses, wallet in handcrafted Khadi fabric. These items also has a huge potential in the world markets.
Khadi Industry in India
According to the report, In 2017 around 4.6 lakh people are employed in khadi industries. In 2017, sale & Production of khadi products also rose by 33 per cent and 31.6 per cent respectively. This was the result of launch of multi-spindle charkas. In 2019, the overall khadi sales in India rose by 28 per cent. India have earned the revenues of Rs 3,215 crore through khadi products. In 2020, Khadi and Village Industries Commission have planned to enhance the revenue to Rs 5000 crore.
India first-ever launched its khadi Fabric Footwear