Indian Health and Family Welfare Minister Harsh Vardhan attended the 10th BRICS Health Ministers Conference virtually. While addressing the meeting, the health minister highlighted the response strategy of India for coronavirus. Minister also highlighted the technological innovations developed by India to fight against COVID-19 like Aarogya Setu App, ITIHAS system, COVA etc.
9th BRICS Health Ministers Conference was held on 25 Oct 2019 in Brazil.
- 12th BRICS Summit is scheduled to be held virtually on 17 Nov 2020. Russia will be the host of this 2020 edition. Originally, BRICS 2020 summit was to be held from 21 to 23 July 2020 in Saint Petersburg but it was postponed due to COVID-19.
- The first edition of BRICS Sherpas was also held from 11-13 Feb in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
- 5th BRICS Young Diplomats Forum from 21-24 Oct 2020 was held in Kazan, Russia.
- Recently, FM of India Nirmala Sitharaman attended 1th BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors conference and also favored the expansion of the membership of BRICS/NDB Bank.
- In 2019, 11th BRICS summit was held at Itamaraty Palace, Brazil from 13-14 November.
- The 1th BRICS meeting was held at Yekaterinburg, Russia on 16 June 2009. This meeting did not included South Africa because South Africa joined the group in 2010.
- In 2006, Political dialogue between the BRICS countries actually began in New York with the meeting of foreign ministers from all the 4 countries.
5 major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. It does not work as an organisation, it’s simply a group of nations working together to promote economic growth among the members, reduce potential risks in the international financial markets (IFM), work on cooperation in the areas of political and security, people-to-people (P2P) exchange, etc. BRICS countries have also developed a development bank known as BRICS Ban or New Development Bank in 2014. India attended BRICS Health Ministers Conference India attended BRICS Health Ministers Conference