IIT: Indian Institute of Technology, Madras has developed “IITM COVID Game” to create awareness about the CORONAVIRUS. IITM COVID Game mainly focuses on children.
Points To Note
- IITM COVID Game is a browser-based software available for both Android and IOS device.
- It is available in 12 Indian languages such as Sanskrit, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Oriya, Marathi, Malayalam, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Assamese and Punjabi.
- IITM COVID Game features a character who encounters right things such as washing hands, wearing masks and also encounter things to be avoided such as hugs and handshakes. If the character does the right thing the points get added up.
- The game is available for free of cost in the IITM website.
Steps taken by GoI to fight against CORONAVIRUS
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare recently issued guidelines to manage mental illness during COVID-19.
- Government of India plans to use EVIN to store COVID-19 vaccine for easy distribution.
- India rolled out FELUDA Paper Strip test, COVIRAP test,
- AYUSH Standard Treatment Protocol was launched to prevent COVID-19.
- Sero Survey was launched to evaluate the trends of COVID-19.
Other COVID games
- “The Corona Fighters” Awareness Video Game– This game was launched by Union Science and Technology, Health and Family Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan. The game is web-based and was designed to influence the players to use masks and practice healthy eating and washing hands regularly.
- World’s first COVID-19 Game– The world’s first COVID-19 game was launched by Richard J. Wiseman (Professor of the Public Understanding of Psychology at the University of Hertfordshire in the UK). The name of the game is “Can You Save the World?”
Dr V K Paul Committee
This Committee was a National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for CORONAVIRUS. Dr V K Paul Committee works on vaccine administration and it also works on conceptualization and implementation mechanisms for creation of digital infrastructure to deliver CORONAVIRUS vaccine.
Importance of Games
The Covid-19 Games with a positive social behaviour will influence people actions in the real world. IITM COVID Game developed by IIT Madras