Hubert Hurkacz (Polish tennis player) has won the Miami Open title. Hurkacz won the title playing against Jannik Sinner. Hubert has become the Polish first Masters 1000 Champion.
About Hubert Hurkacz
- In the year 2018, Hubert qualified for the Next Gen ATP Finals held in Milan.
- In the year 2019, he won his first ATP title in Winston-Salem.
- His best performance in Grand Slam has been reaching the third round at Wimbledon in 2019.
- In the year 2020 French Open, he was seeded at No.29.
- In the year 2021, he was seeded 4th at the Delray Beach Open.
- He reached quarter finals at the 2021 Great Ocean Road Open. It was held in Melbourne, Australia.
Hubert Hurkacz uses an all-court game strategy. The other tennis strategies used by the players are baseliners and volleyers.
- A baseliner plays from back of the tennis court. Hurkacz prefers to hit ground strokes. These players allow more time to react to their opponent’s shots.
- A volleyer prefers to hit volleys. He allows less time for his opponent to react to his shots. Volley is a shot in tennis where the ball is struck before it bounces on the ground. The main objective of volley is to cut the reaction time of the opponent.
- An all-court player plays somewhere between the above two strategies.
It is also called the Miami Masters. The tournament is held at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, Florida. The tournament is being held Since 1987.
It is a series of nine tennis tournaments that features top ranked players. Novak Djokovic holds the record for winning most of the titles in this series. He is the only tennis player to complete Career Golden Masters.
Hubert Hurkacz of Poland wins Miami Open title Hubert Hurkacz of Poland wins Miami Open title