Recently team of Scientists have detected the signs of a hidden structure inside the core of the Earth. This sign has the potential to change the long-standing narrative of what lies at centre of the Planet Earth. The Hidden layer is being termed as the ‘fifth layer’.
As per the long-standing narrative, there exists 4 layers namely; crust, mantle, outer core and inner core. Scientists team have also spotted reportedly some changes in the structure of iron within the inner core. These changes suggests that a new ‘boundary line’ is stretching for about 650 km from the centre of the Earth.
- The Daily Mail (British daily newspaper) reports that, the researchers are getting the sign of 5th layer for more than a decade.
- However, the detection was proved near to impossible.
- The researchers are suspecting about the 5th after they studies the travel time data of the seismic waves which are travelling inside the Earth surface.
- The data was captured by the International Seismological Centre (ISC).
- Following the data, the scientists and researchers used their new algorithm in order to search and discover the evidence of changes in structure of inner core of the Planet Earth.
- Though it is difficult to detect the minute changes, the researchers somehow demonstrate that two separate cooling events occurred in the history of the planet Earth.
What does the study imply?
The study also implies that in the earliest phase of the Earth’s evolution that is around 4.56 billion years ago, Planet Earth underwent a dramatic and several unknown events. Though, these studies were indirect, the geologists determined that the Earth’s inner core reaches the temperatures of more than 5,000°C. This is also relatively smaller in area accounting only 1 per cent of the total volume of the Planet Earth.
Hidden Layer of Earth Hidden Layer of Earth