Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports and Star Sports has been signed in as the official broadcast 4th Edition of Khelo India Youth Games.
The Sports Authority of India transferred Rs 30 thousand for Khelo India athletes to help them during pandemic. GOI, allocated Rs 8.25 crores funds.
Khelo India Youth Games
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports launched Khelo India scheme to improve sports culture in India. Govt allocates Rs 5 lakh annually for 8 years.
Points To Note
Khelo India scheme is implemented under 12 vertical as follows
- Play Field Development (PFD)
- Community Coaching Development (CCD)
- State Level Khelo India centres (SLKIC)
- Annual Sports Competition (ASC)
- Talent Search and Development (TSD)
- Utilization and Creation of Sports infrastructure (UCSI)
- Support to national or state sports academy (SSA)
- Physical fitness of school children
- Sports for women
- Promotion of sports amongst people with disabilities (PSPD)
- Sports for peace and development (SPD)
- Promotion of rural and indigenous and tribal games. (PRITG)
Haryana to host 4th Edition of Khelo India Youth Games