Japanese financial assistance scheme Grant Assistance for Grassroots Projects, for development projects designed to meet the diverse basic human needs of the people in over 100 countries including India.
- The Grant Assistance for Grassroots Projects launched in 1989
- Grant Assistance for Grassroots Projects is being offered to More than 100 countries including India
- Grant Assistance for Grassroots Projects scheme supports projects implemented by NPO such as NGOs, medical and educational institutions, which are eligible to receive foreign funds under the concerned law of the Indian Government.
- Under the GGP Scheme Japan provide Maximum 10 million Japanese Yen per project.
- Under the GGP Scheme, they cover Basic Human Needs and Human Security, Primary Education and Adult Illiteracy, Safe Drinking Water and Sanitation, Women’s Empowerment, Environment Protection, CSR projects, Poverty Alleviation, etc.
Eligibility for GGP
The organization must be International, National or Local NGO/Medical Institution/Educational Institution/Community-Based Organization. The organisation must also be registered under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act of 1976. Along with this, the organisation must be registered under the relevant registration acts including national and state acts.
Grant Assistance for Grassroots Projects scheme of Japan Grant Assistance for Grassroots Projects scheme of Japan