Recently Indian Government starts the project of Sagarmala Seaplane Services on selected routes. This Project is implementing by Union Ministry of sports, shipping and waterways. The project are operate under Udan. Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik scheme.
Objective of the project
The Sagarmala Seaplane Services project aims to provide air connectivity to numerous tourist, religious, remote and unexplored locations near water bodies. This is to make the journey easier and simulate tourism on these new locations. Ultimately the project will contribute to boost the GDP of the country in the long run.
Proposed locations for sagarmala seaplane services
The locations included under the Sagarmala Seaplane Services are as follows:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Lakshadweep Islands
- Guwhati riverfront
- Yamuna riverfront
- Umrangso reservoir (Assam)
- Mumbai as a hub
- Dwarka (Gujarat)
- Kandla (Gujarat)
- Khindsi dam (Maharashtra )
- Erai Dam (Maharashtra )
Seaplane service that is already in operation in India
The sea plane service between kevadiya and Sabarmati riverfront in Ahmedabad is already in Operation since October 2019. This service was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and it is operated by SpiceJet subsidiaries Spice shuttle. Currently this is the only seaplane service that is operational in India.
Need of Seaplane Services
- This services are to act as a game changer in providing faster and comfortable transportation all over India.
- The services will provide air connectivity to various tourist and religious places. Therefore, it will bring in huge tourism revenue.
- It will save travel time.
- The seaplane services will stimulate localised short distance travelling in hilly regions and across rivers and lakes.
- It Increasing connectivity across India will improve tourism and make India as an attractive destination for tourists.
Govt starts Sagarmala Seaplane Services Project Govt starts Sagarmala Seaplane Services Project