The government of India has launched the “Mera Ration Mobile App” for the citizens on 12th March 2021. The Mera Ration app was launched in order to facilitate the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ system.
Mera Ration Mobile App
- This mobile app was developed by central government in association with the National Informatics Centre.
- It was developed in order to facilitate several ‘one nation one ration card‘ system related services among the National Food Security Act beneficiaries.
- It will facilitate several services to migrant beneficiaries, FPS dealers and other relevant stakeholders.
- The Mera Ration Mobile App will also help in identifying nearest fair price shop.
- It will benefit those ration card holders who will move to new areas for livelihoods.
- Mobile app will be launched in 14 Indian languages.
- Currently it is available in English and Hindi.
- These languages are identified on the basis of places where most migrant people move.
- With the help of the mobile app the beneficiaries can easily check details of food grain entitlement, recent transactions and Status of their Aadhaar seeding.
- The migrant beneficiaries can also register their migration details with the help of application.
- Beneficiaries can also enter their suggestions or feedback.
One Nation One Ration Card
This system ensures the availability of ration to the beneficiaries in accordance with the National Food Security Act, 2013 and other welfare schemes. It benefits especially the migrant workers and their families. The benefits under the system can be availed at any fair price shop nationwide. This system was started initially in four States in August 2019. It has now been rolled in 32 States and Union territories by December 2020. However, integration of remaining 4 States and Union territories namely Assam, Chhattisgarh, Delhi and West Bengal will be completed soon. This system covers around 69 crores National Food Security Act, 2013 beneficiaries which accounts for 86 per cent of the National Food Security Act Population.
Government launched Mera Ration Mobile App