In this Year, Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) Sydney Published a 15th edition of Global Peace Index (GPI). In this report almost 163 countries ranked.
- The Global Peace Index is world’s leading measure of global peacefulness.
- Global Peace Index ranks 163 independent states and territories as per level of their peacefulness.
- The Report provides a comprehensive data-driven analysis on trends in peace, its economic value and recommends on how to develop peaceful societies.
How countries were ranked?
- Iceland is most peaceful country worldwide since the 2008.
- Iceland is joined by other top countries like Denmark, New Zealand, Portugal and Slovenia.
- Afghanistan is the least peaceful country again for 4th consecutive year.
- Afghanistan is followed by Yemen, Syria, South Sudan, and Iraq.
India’s Rank and its neighbor
- India has moved up by 2 position from its last year’s ranking. It has become 135th most peaceful country while, 5th in South Asia region.
- Bhutan at first and Nepal at second most peaceful country in this region.
- Bangladesh was 91th out of 163 countries across the world while being 3rd in South Asia.
- Sri Lanka slipped by 19 position to become 95th peaceful country while, 4th in South Asia region.
- Pakistan witnessed the most improvement in peacefulness with 150th rank globally and 6th in South Asia region.
Global Peace Index 2021 Report Global Peace Index 2021 Report