E-commerce company Flipkart and the Department of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) and Mines of Government of Karnataka has signed a MoU with to promote the arts & crafts and handloom sector of Karnataka state.
Memorandum of Understanding
- This Memorandum of Understanding providing market access through a e-commerce platform Flipkart and to increase the local business of Karnataka.
- This Memorandum of Understanding will unite the Flipkart Samarth Programme with the brands based in Karnataka like Cauvery and Priyadarshini Handlooms, part of Karnataka Handlooms Development Corporations.
- This will benefit the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, through skills of branding, digital marketing and financial management and showcase the high quality products which are made by local artisans. This will promote the local handlooms and handicrafts to the consumers across the country.
Samarth Programme of Flipkart
Flipkart’s Samarth works with NGO and government bodies to support a large number of entrepreneurs in the rural areas, enterprises led by women, differently abled people, artisans and weavers with the issues related to the access of working capital, poor infrastructure and training. The programme supports more than 500000 artisans, weavers, and Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises units across the country.
- Flipkart CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy.
- Chief Operating Officer (COO): Sriram Venkataraman.
- Head Office: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Karnataka CM: B. S. Yediyurappa.
- Governor of Karnataka: Vajubhai Rudabhai Vala.
- Capital of Karnataka: Bengaluru.
Flipkart tie with Karnataka Govt Flipkart tie with Karnataka Govt